Sunday, June 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

A stupendous Father's Day to all the great dads out there, especially my own!   I have always been grateful to have such a great Dad.  I have lots of happy memories of my dad- flying kites in the park, playing in the snow in our backyard, playing marathon games of Monopoly at the kitchen table, and sneaking Christmas cookies from behind my mom's back....which we still do.  I can't wait to hang out with my parents when I get back to the U.S. Strangely enough, I couldn't find a picture of just my dad and me, so here's one of the whole family at my college graduation.

Special wishes to my brothers too.  Growing up, I remember my brothers popping out of my closet wearing monster masks and bribing me not to tell my parents about the pretty girls that showed up while our parents were away.  Who knew that my big brothers would turn out to be two of the greatest fathers I've ever seen?  Seriously, despite the fact that they traumatized me by threatening to feed my guinea pig to their friend's boa constrictor, my brothers have always loved and supported me, and now they're doing the same for their kids.  I'm very proud.

For Mother's Day, I posted all sorts of cute pictures of animal mothers.  There aren't as many caring fathers in the animal kingdom, but I did find some of the monkey males cradling some of the babies.  Pretty cute stuff!  Too bad I don't study seahorses- those are some of the most committed dads around!

Here's Luke, looking after Catherine's little boy.  Luke's pretty good with the little ones, and sometimes they run to him when they get in over their heads while playing with the bigger juveniles.

Leo, the alpha, doesn't really seem to have a knack for holding the infants, but he still does it from time to time anyway.

Here's Hercules, rolling around in the middle of a mass of romping juveniles.  He reminded me of a human dad, wrestling with his boys on the living room floor.

So, happy day to all the dads out  there- human and monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment