Monday, December 7, 2009

Silly Signs Part Three

Despite the warning, we didn't see anything dangerous at Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve in Kuala Lumpur. In case you can't tell, the sign has pictures of a snake, a centipede, a scorpion, and a bee.
These signs were posted in some of the busier areas of Kuala Lumpur. After seeing them, I found myself perusing the crowds, looking for potential snatch thieves. And is it just me, or does the lady on that sign look like she has a lot of junk in the trunk?
I had fun trying to interpret this sign without reading the words. I think the top left circle appears to be saying that falling down is allowed, while the bottom middle circle says that flicking the dancing monkeys is not allowed. And the bottom right circle is telling you that you are entering a time warp zone. I don't even remember what all the circles really mean anymore; I like my interpretations better.OK, these ads are all over S'pore, and it might just be me, but I think they're hilarious. They all feature academic superstars, and tell you to drink Essence of Chicken so you can be like them. I think it says a lot about S'pore that they can use super smart students as something that others will aspire to, rather than using athletes or supermodels. And Essence of Chicken?! What IS it, and more importantly, why do you drink it?!But I'm so used to people saying that I should wear a helmet. Now I'm confused.This sign was in a bathroom at a mall near Bukit Timah in S'pore. It left me wondering how many times people cut hair in the toilet, thus necessitating the sign...and why...Here's a sign for a live frog restaurant, also near Bukit Timah. My poor little vegetarian heart bleeds every time I see one of these places. They keep a bunch of frogs crammed into a little cage, and then when people order frog, they yank one out and cook it. Shark fin soup might be the only thing that bothers me more.On a happier note- from Orchard Road, the first high voltage sign I've ever seen on a Christmas tree! And if you look closely, you can see me and Bryan reflected in the gold bulb.This one has some sentimental value : ) Delaney is my oldest niece's name, and since we're Irish the shamrocks are especially appropriate! Maybe someday Delaney can go to Kuala Lumpur and visit the Irish pub with her name!I found this pub when Bryan and I were visiting his family in Helena, Montana back in July. It's a good match to Delaney's!

No comments:

Post a Comment